We got the tree up and hung the stockings ... Christmas is almost here! So many things I want to do but so little time.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
This month's PTI Blog Hop are holiday tags. I can't resist making a Mrs. Claus suit for the dress form and I just love vintage ornaments.
It's Thanksgiving today so I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
- PAPER: PTI's Kraft, True Black, Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Plum Pudding, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores
- STAMP: PTI's Embellishment, Background Basics, Tin Types
- INK: Versamark
- OTHER: PTI's Tag Sale 2, Dress form & Ornaments dies, Stickles, twine and bling
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Aren't these pretty? ... and surprisingly easy to make and cheap! This is inspired from a double ornament tutorial at Splitcoaststampers. I changed it a little to make a bigger one and I used a big paper clip (I used a long nose pliers to close the ends) instead of a hat pin. I think a double sided paper will be better too since there are gaps between the paper strips. I plan to make a few of these with different variations for our tree this year ... can't wait to put it up next week after Thanksgiving!
- PAPER: Anna Griffin's Holiday Traditions
- OTHER: beads, pearl, ribbon, paper clip
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Our Christmas cards! Yey! This is early considering for the past few years I don't start cramming 'til the 1st of December (and about half of these are being mailed internationally so I hope this year they'll get it on time =D).
I got a bit ambitious this year incorporating quite a few elements (I used to just order photo cards and mail them as is). My friend thinks I'm crazy since I'm making quite a few ... maybe I am =D. I got all the pieces prepped just waiting to be assembled.
I'll share the completed project soon!
- PAPER: PTI Pure Poppy and Simply Chartreuse, Brenda Walton's Peppermint Twist, Bazzil
- STAMP: PTI Signature Christmas, Hero Arts Dot background stamp, personalized stamp from Staples
- INK: Stampin Up Real Red, Versamark ink
- OTHER: Photos, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, red ribbon, red buttons, twine, bling